What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
To Find out more you can go to this link.
Dayna Lynn nominated me. I would just like to thank you so very much! It is a great honour. Dayna Lynn was the first follower on my blog. I was so excited, even took a screenshot so I would always remember my first follower.
Now she has nominated me for my first award! (Also took a screenshot by the way). I have really enjoyed reading her posts and she is such a kind hearted person. Reading the post for her nomination of the Liebster Award really let me get to know her more. I think this award is an amazing idea to get to know the new bloggers. Learning that Dayna and I are more alike than I knew. I’m looking forward to learning more about her and from her. One post of hers I read this morning called Morning Motivation, included a quote that is one of her favorites and why. I love how inspired she gets from quotes. She made me realize by one of the questions she asked for my nomination, “What is your favorite quote, and by whom?” that I don’t really look up quotes much, just when I do need inspiration. While i was trying to think of one that has stuck with me. I have to admit it took me a while to think of one. Then it clicked, I say this quote all the time! “Sometimes It’s not about the destination but the journey itself” -Unknown I loved reading that post this morning as it was my inspiration today for writing this nomination post. So thank you again Dayna Lynn I look forward to learning from/with you and getting to know you more!
My favorite blog would have to be Jillian Harris’s at JillianHarris.com She is a great inspiration to me. I watch her often on Love It or List It Vancouver. (I love watching home improvement shows because My Aunt Sandy and I use to watch these shows in the mornings when we would wake up. We would cuddle on the couch, commenting on everything what we would do or change while she played with my hair. It’s something we always did together and bonded over. When I watch them now I feel closer to my Aunt Sandy who passed away almost a year ago.) Then her show Jillian and Justin. I sadly have to say I never watched her time on any Batchlor/ette shows. I started with her being on Love It or List it and got addicted because we have similar taste in her decor and then I got to know more of her from the shows, then her blog ect.ect. I love how real she is. She shows the everyday life but she also posts things that are beautiful and yes photoshopped but everyone does and loves to do that. To me that is real too. She shows all sides of herself. Mostly I love following her because she cares. She shows her passion and heart towards what she does and her life. Whenever I read something on her blog or watch one of her stories I feel like she is talking right to me but also to everyone. It’s hard to do that, I know, because that’s what I try to do. I love that she started these “Ask Jilly” Video Blogs. They are quite helpful and yes I am new to blogging so they came at a perfect time for me. It helps to see and hear other bloggers and their struggles. Helps you learn from them and even though im sure ill make mistakes. Hopefully not the same ones because now I have heard hers and others stories. She makes it seem possible that one day my dreams could come true and I could do blogging full time. I could connect with people and help them. I can show my life and hopefully one day I could inspire someone else the way she has inspired me. I don’t know if she will ever read this but I would just like to thank you Jillian for being you and being true to yourself.
Ten Random Facts About Me:
- I love to watch TV shows. When I was younger I really didn’t like myself and became sort of what my mom calls a hermit. I would stay home reading and watching shows. Basically loved watching or reading other people’s lives. Well now I live my own but I still love watching shows! I’ve watched way to many to be fully honest.
- I want to have four kids one day. I’ve always wanted to have a big family and I like the idea (life has its own way) of having two kids close together and another two close together. I’m close with all my family but my one sister is my best friend we are close in age and we do a lot together. Mostly because we live together but I couldn’t imagine not having that bond and I want my kids to have that person.
- I want to live In a forest. I’ve always been drawn to forests. I feel at ‘home’ while in them. Eventually I hope to own property that is mostly all trees and that will be my view out our windows. Lucky my boyfriend feels the same way!
- I use to paint. Growing up I loved art. I would paint and draw. It use to be my outlet. When I got to highschool I got more into photography. I was a right sided person most definitely anything I did was that side. Now I’m more balanced between both.
- I went to college for photography and early childhood education. In high school I had to choose something I wanted to go to college for. I had no clue what I wanted. The only thing I could think of was photography and baking those were two things I thought I would love to do for the rest of my life .so off I went to college for Photography. I went for one year and then decided it was not for me. I love taking pictures but not the way of a full time career. I changed to early childhood education because I love kids I did the accelerated program and finished in a year. I worked in childcare for about three years. I didn’t quite feel this was me it was close but I think it’s more I want to have my own kids that I was drawing from. Currently work in a factory. For now I just need something stable. Want I truly want to do for the rest of my life, my career is be a full time Blogger! I love this!
- I have tattoos. When you see me you can’t tell but I have a few tattoos and way more to come. My parents always told me, well first the fact that they don’t like them but if I was going to get them to put them places where I can hide them. I can still hear my mom saying “I still remember going to this girls wedding and she was beautiful but I couldn’t help being frustrated by this tattoo she had on her back below her neck. It looked out of place. Do you want that?!” That always stuck in my head I have this tattoo idea I will get one day but after I’m married.
- I cry when I see people crying. I’m a sap and proud of it. Seeing someone over in the distance crying, not even knowing who they are or why they are crying, will make me cry. Not like full on balling but I’ll get all teary. I have so much compassion and empathy for others. I’ve never thought that as a fault but a positive.
- I am a country girl. I was born in the city and grew up there till grade three, then my parents moved us out to the country. I love being out here rather than the city. I have fun visiting and I really like seeing it at night with all the lights but I could not live there. The quiet the beauty of nature, the friendly neighbours and community. I just love it all! So a country girl!
- I get super nervous doing public speaking. Ever since I was a kid I have never been good at public speaking. I know it’s because my brain works slower than others and I have to think things over before saying anything. It takes me that extra minute to process. Which I have come to learn and deal with, knowing what I can and cannot do. Everyone has their things. This is one of mine.
- I made a goal for myself to do my Bucket List, no waiting! Even before my Aunt passed away I was trying to change my life and do the things I wanted, no waiting. When she did pass i made a vow to myself, “No more letting fears hold me back”. So now when I want to do something I put my mind to it. I started to keep a list and when I was done with one I would do another. Small or big. This is a huge part of myself now and I included it in my blog A Bucket List page. It has helped me grow as a person and I have done some amazing things because of it. Lots more to come!
My answers for Dayna Lynns questions:
For what in your life do you feel most grateful for?
I am most grateful for my boyfriend. He has been so supportive in everything I do. He is always there for me. He is my best friend. I am so lucky we found each other. I’ve been through the hardest things i’ve ever had too this last year and he has been there the whole way. I feel so blessed!
What is your favorite thing about Blogging?
That’s a hard one because I pretty much love everything about blogging! I wish I had started a long time ago. If I have to pick one I guess it would have to be… connecting with people. I love communicating with others whether it’s on one of my medias or through my posts. Everyone has been so amazing!
What is your most prized possession?
It would have to be hands down the necklace I wear everyday. It has my Aunt Sandy’s ashes in it. I miss her everyday and it has been THE hardest thing I have ever been through losing her. My heart breaks every time I think of her which is everyday. Having the necklace really helps especially since soon it is coming up on the one year anniversary of her passing
What is your favorite quote, and by whom?
“Sometimes It’s not about the destination but the journey itself” — Unknown
I say this to myself all the time. It’s what I live by. I use to be all about planning things, then when it didn’t go the way I had in my head I would get too upset and frustrated. I’ve learned quickly that it’s not about the picture perfect moment. It’s about the real moments. It’s about being around your loved ones and going on the journey together. I love being around the ones I love!
What are your top 3 places you’d like to travel to?
Ireland – I’ve always wanted to go, felt this ‘pull’ to go there. Don’t know what it is but I just know I need to go.
Italy – I’m half Italian and I have been there for two weeks but it was not enough! and I didn’t see enough. Definitely want to see more!
Trip around America – It was this or a trip across Canada. The trip around America is something my boyfriend was planning even before he met me. I love the idea of going on a road trip with him for a few months! Just him and I out in the world! I get so excited at the thought and can imagine when we actually do go!
What are you most passionate about?
It’s a tie right now between blogging, and my Christmas Reno.
Blogging because it makes me so happy and driven. I love that I have found what takes every little thing about me and it all works together. My love of taking photos, my love of talking to people, helping people, my love of writing, my love of reading, my love of learning new things, and more. I could go on a long time!
My Christmas Reno because it’s sentimental to me. My Aunt Sandy passed away last October and this will be my first year hosting. You see my dad’s side has four kids and each of them has a holiday they host or at least that’s the way it was growing up. We use to have Christmases, my Aunt Sandy had Thanksgiving, my Aunt Deb had Easter, and my Uncle Doug has, well it was our Summer Holiday/my grandma’s birthday get together. My Aunt Sandy was a huge part of my life but during Christmas it was special. She use to come and I would show her everything we got and we would spend time together and she would play with my hair (one of my favourite things) and so much more, we always bonded over Christmas because we loved the holiday so much. So this year is the first one hosting myself and it’s a big deal to me. I want to make everything so perfect. You can read more about it in my posts.
Do you have a favorite movie? If so, what is it and why?
My favourite movie, that’s hard, I love movies! I’m more into shows now since they are longer. It’s hard to choose one because I’m a mood watcher. The mood I am in, decides what movie I want to watch. I’m really into watching childhood stuff right now and am rewatching 7th Heaven with my sister. It’s hard to choose but one I have always rewatched many many times would be Fly Away Home. It’s a great from my childhood and I always watch it when I need to 1) cry or 2) feel uplifted.
What is your favorite hobby?
My hobby I guess would have to be projects. I often give myself them, always different but new and challenging at the same time. I don’t really have a hobby like reading, gardening or painting. Nothing like that, more like everything, what ever drives me at the time.
What is your dream career?
Dream career is a stay at home mom. Dream career that seems possible, Full Time Blogger! I would love to do this all the time! It makes me so happy and drives me and pushes me, everything i’ve always wanted out of a career. I am so passionate about this. I get so excited about even the smaller things. I’m happy everyday because of Blogging.
Do you play any sports/instruments? If so, what?
I don’t play any sports I did tug-a-war in high school. That’s about it. I did like playing volleyball in elementary school. Oh and I played soccer at a young age too.
Instruments, I sadly started a bunch growing up but never followed through, one of my biggest regrets. They were flute, guitar, fiddle and I also wanted to learn piano. Did them all for a year or less and then let fear get the best of me.
What are your biggest fears?
My biggest fear is kissing the ones I love! Hands down learning that the hard way!
My second biggest fear because I have always and I mean always wanted to be a mom (yes I know I can adopt but I mean be pregnant) I fear I won’t be able to get pregnant. Which I am living through right now. I don’t know if I will be able to or not.
My Nominations are:
Jamie at http://lovejaime.com
Mrs Laura Beth at http://www.mrslaurabeth.com
Sadie Jane at http://simplysadiejane.com
Kerry at http://xokerry.com
Hannah at https://hannahperks.co.uk
You can Find the Rules and Info about the Award at this link
My Questions for my nominies are:
- What Is One Proud Moment In Your Life That Stands Out?
- Is There One Thing You Have Not Shared Yet On Your Blog?
- What Is Your Favorite Song Right Now?
- Do You Have Any Fears Holding You Back Right Now?
- If You Had To Choose One Superpower What Would It Be?
- What Is One Thing You Wish You Could Change In This World?
- What Was One Thing You Loved From Your Childhood?
- What Is Your Favourite Game?
- What Did You Want To Grow Up And Be As A Kid?
- Do You Have A Hidden Talent? If So What?
- Do You Have Any Pets? If So What Kind And What Are Their Names?